Waterlox Tung oil products penetrate better than linseed oil to seal wood fibers beneath the surface. Unlike urethane, Tung oil products form a protective finish that won’t chip, peel, crack or wrinkle. Resists alcohol, hot liquids, stain, and household chemicals. Give wood a rich, hand-rubbed appearance by enhancing the grain. Easy to apply and use.
Easy to maintain surfaces with mild detergent and water – no special cleaning process required.
- Satin Sheen (20°-25° Gloss Level)
- 27% Solids
- Applies easily with a lambswool applicator (floors), China bristle brush, cloth, or roller. Sanding is not necessary between coats for adhesion purposes.
- Waterlox Original Satin Finish contains flattening agent which can settle during storage. Stir contents well before and during use.
- For woodworking projects, the flattening agent does not ‘rub-out’ well. If this method is desired, use Waterlox Original Sealer/Finish and ‘rub-out’ with sandpaper, steel wool, buffing pad or pumice stone.
- Coverage: 500 square feet per gallon per coat
All interior wood surfaces, including wood floors, cabinetry, floors, furniture (non-toxic when dry), paneling, bar tops, kitchen table tops, and more.
Great for use on interior slate, brick, and stone.
Great for restoring antiques, furniture, fly fishing rods, and gunstocks.
Excellent on oily exotic woods such as teak, rosewood, and other dense-grained woods.
For exterior projects such as: marine furniture, paneling, boat woodwork, plant stands, doors, shutters, railings and fences, use Waterlox Marine Finish.
Contact us for assistance or clarification.
- Use as a Finish Coat for a satin finish on all interior wood projects.
Apply 1 coat over 2-3 coats of Waterlox Original Sealer/Finish
- Use on interior wood projects such as floors, cabinets, doors, windows, furniture, paneling, woodwork, bar tops, table tops, picture frames and various woodworking projects.